Assam Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme: A Pathway to Affordable Housing
Owning a home is a dream for many people in India. However, the cost of purchasing or constructing a house often becomes a barrier for the common people, especially those belonging to the lower and middle-income groups. To address this issue and promote affordable housing, the Assam government has launched the Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme. This scheme aims to provide financial assistance to the people of Assam who are purchasing or constructing their first house. Let’s dive into the details of this scheme.
Introduction Of Assam Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme
The Assam Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme is an initiative by the state government to provide financial assistance to people who are looking to purchase their first house. This scheme is an extension of the previous Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme of 2016-17. Under this new extended scheme, eligible applicants can receive a subsidy of up to Rs. 2.5 lakh on home loans up to Rs. 40 lakhs.
- To promote affordable housing for the common people of Assam
- To provide financial relief to the people of Assam
- To ease access to housing loans for the purchase or construction of the first house for the family
To avail the benefits of the Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme, the applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam
- The applicant must avail of housing loans from any Scheduled Commercial Bank, Regional Rural Banks, or Assam Cooperative Apex bank within the state.
- The total family income from all sources must not exceed Rs. 20 lakhs.
- The housing loan must be of more than Rs. 5 lahks and sanctioned by the bank on or after 1 April 2019.
- Those who have already benefited under the Apun Ghar scheme are not eligible.
- The loan account must not be under NPA (Non-Performing Assets) status.
- This must be the first home by the composite family.
Full Overview Of Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme
|Name Of Scheme||Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme|
|Launched By||Govt Of Assam|
|Objectives||Housing For All|
|Benefits||The Assam government will provide a maximum concession of up to Rs 2.5 lakh on home loan|
|Beneficiaries||All the residents of Assam who do not have a pucca house and are thinking of applying/applied a loan to build a pucca house|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
Under the Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme, all the applicants will get home loans at subsidized interest rates. The loan amount and the subsidy on it, which can be availed under this scheme, are given below:
|Loan Amount Range||Subsidy Amount|
|Rs. 5 lakhs – Rs. 10 lakhs||Rs. 1 lakh|
|Rs. 10 lakhs – Rs. 20 lakhs||Rs. 1.5 lakhs|
|Rs. 20 lakhs – Rs. 30 lakhs||Rs. 2 lakhs|
|Rs. 30 lakhs – Rs. 40 lakhs||Rs. 2.5 lakhs|
The mode of disbursement of the subsidy amount is through DBT directly into the loan account of the loanee.
- Residence Proof of Assam State
- Loan proof
- PAN Card
- any identity proof
- Annual Income Certificate.
- Bank account details
- Loan Documents Related to Home Loan Amount
How To Apply For Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme
The government of Assam launched a website (i.e. http://assamfinanceloans.in/ ) for online application of this scheme. Currently, this official website does not mention any information about the application procedure of this scheme or not opening properly, we will inform you here whenever anything is updated.
You can easily apply offline to the scheme, the procedures of which we have explained below
- Step 1 – Applicants have to visit at official website finance.assam.gov.in.
- Step 2 – Click on the “Schemes & Project” link.
- Step3 – Now click on the “Apun Ghar” link
- Step 4 – Click on the “Application Form For Home Loan” link.
- Step 5 – Apun Ghar Loan Application Form will appear on the screen.
- Step6 – fill up carefully and submit the Apun Ghar Application Form to the bank from where you have taken the loan
Contact your nearest government-affiliated bank to get all the details about this scheme
The Assam Aponar Apun Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme is a significant initiative by the Assam government to provide affordable housing solutions to the citizens of Assam. This scheme has made it easier for economically weaker sections and middle-income groups to fulfill their dream of owning a house. By providing a subsidy and low-interest rates, this scheme has made the loan process hassle-free. The citizens of Assam should take advantage of this scheme to fulfill their dream of owning a house.