Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme – Ensuring Easy Access to Medicines
The Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme is an initiative launched by the Government of Assam to ensure that the citizens of the state have access to necessary medicines, especially during the ongoing pandemic. The scheme aims to provide home delivery of essential medicines to the doorsteps of patients who are unable to visit the nearest health facilities due to various reasons. The primary objective of the scheme is to promote the health and well-being of the citizens of Assam by providing them with easy access to medicines. In this blog post, we will discuss the eligibility criteria, benefits, required documents, and the procedure to apply for the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme in detail.
অসমৰ জনসাধাৰণৰ বাবে সহজ আৰু ক্ষিপ্ৰতাৰে ঔষধৰ সুবিধা লাভৰ বাবে এছাম মেডিচিন ডেলিভাৰী আঁচনিৰ এক আঁচনি। কৰ’না মহামাৰীৰ সময়ত ৰাইজে সন্মুখীন হোৱা কিছুমান সমস্যা হ’ল স্বাস্থ্যসেৱা লাভ কৰিব নোৱাৰা আৰু সেৱাৰ বাবে বিপদত পৰা। এই সমস্যাৰ সমাধান হিচাপে এই আঁচনিখন প্ৰৱৰ্তন কৰা হৈছে যাতে মানুহে সহজে আৰু ক্ষীপ্ৰতাৰে ঔষধ লাভ কৰিব পাৰে। এই প্ৰকল্পৰ জৰিয়তে মানুহে দোকানতকৈ কম সময় আৰু হেঁচাত ঘৰতে ঔষধ পোৱাটো সম্ভৱ।
Introduction Of Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme
The Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme is a government initiative aimed at ensuring that people living in remote and inaccessible areas of Assam have access to essential medicines. The objective of this scheme is to improve the health outcomes of people in these areas by providing them with timely and affordable access to medicines. Through this scheme, the government aims to bridge the gap between urban and rural healthcare facilities, thereby improving the overall health and well-being of people living in remote areas. The scheme offers a range of benefits, including easy access to essential medicines, reduced healthcare costs, and improved health outcomes for people in remote areas of Assam.
Objectives of the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme
The primary objectives of the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme are as follows:
- To ensure that people in remote areas of the state have easy access to essential medicines.
- To reduce the burden of healthcare expenses on the people by providing medicines at an affordable cost.
- To improve the healthcare infrastructure in the state by promoting the use of digital technology.
- To promote public-private partnerships in the healthcare sector to provide better healthcare facilities to the people.
Full Overview Of The Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme
|Scheme Name||Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme (Dhanwantari)|
|Announcement||Govt of Assam|
|Implementation||Updated on 2023|
|Objectives||To ensure easy access to essential medicines to the Citizens Of Assam|
|Beneficiaries||All citizens of Assam|
|Application Starts||Always open|
|Process||Online registration and prescription sharing|
|Official Website||Not specified|
The following are the eligibility criteria for the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme:
- The applicant should be a resident of Assam.
- The applicant should have a valid prescription from a registered medical practitioner.
- The applicant should have a smartphone with an internet connection to place the order.
The Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme provides the following benefits to the people:
- Easy access to essential medicines from the comfort of their homes.
- Medicines are delivered to the doorstep, which saves time and effort.
- Medicines are available at an affordable cost, which reduces the burden of healthcare expenses on people.
- The scheme promotes the use of digital technology, which helps in improving the healthcare infrastructure of the state.
The following documents are required to avail of the benefits of the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme:
- A prescription from a registered medical practitioner.
- Aadhar card or any other government-issued ID proof.
- Smartphone with an internet connection.
How to Apply for the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme
The following are the steps to apply for the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme:
- Call 104 or visit the official website to apply for the scheme.
- The Dhanwantari Application Form for Govt of Assam’s Home Delivery of Medicine will open on your computer screen.
- Enter the required details like the name of the patient, mobile number, home address, landmark, village/city town name, pin code, and reason for availing the service.
- Double-check all the details before clicking the submit button.
- You can also share the prescriptions via the district-specific WhatsApp number.
- Once you submit the form, the ASHA workers and Multi-Purpose Workers (MPs) will deliver the unavailable medicines to your respective houses within the specified time.
The Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme is an excellent initiative by the Assam government to ensure easy access to essential medicines for the people. The scheme’s use of digital technology is commendable, and it helps in improving the healthcare infrastructure of the state. Moreover, the scheme’s affordable cost and doorstep delivery of medicines are beneficial to people, especially those living in remote areas. Overall, the Assam Medicine Delivery Scheme is a step towards achieving the goal of universal healthcare in the state.