Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme: Empowering Education in the State
The Assam government has launched the “Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme” to provide free textbooks to students from Class 9 to Class 12. The main aim of this scheme is to promote education and ensure that students do not face any financial barriers in pursuing their studies. Under this scheme, the state government will provide textbooks to students in government schools, government-aided schools, and provincialized schools.
The Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme is a significant step towards making education accessible to all. Education is the foundation of any society, and it is essential that every student has access to quality education. Through this scheme, the government aims to bridge the gap between students who have access to textbooks and those who do not. In this blog post, we will discuss the objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, required documents, and how to apply for the Assam Gyan Deepika Schemes.
“অসম জ্ঞান দীপিকা স্কীম” হল একটি শিক্ষামূলক প্রকল্প যা অসমৰ নৈতিক উন্নয়নৰ বাবে স্থাপিত কৰা হৈছে। এই স্কীমৰ মূল উদ্দেশ্য হৈছে প্ৰাথমিক থেকে উচ্চতৰ শিক্ষা পাবলৈ ছাত্ৰ-ছাত্ৰীৰ উন্নয়ন কৰা এবং শিক্ষামূলক খরচ কমিয়াই কৰা।
এই প্ৰকল্পটো অসমৰ নাগৰিক প্ৰতি বছৰ লাভ কৰিব পাৰে। এই স্কীমটোত ছাত্ৰ-ছাত্ৰীসকলক বিনামূলীয়া সমবেশ (Uniform) প্ৰদান কৰা হৈছে যিনি নবম আৰু দশমমান ছাত্ৰ-ছাত্ৰী হিচাপে আহিছে। এছিলে শিক্ষার্থীৰ উপযোগী পৰিয়াল হেৰাই নাই যিনি বাৰ্ষিক ২ লাখ টকাতকৈ কম আয়ৰ পৰিয়ালৰ ক্ষেত্ৰত আহিছে।
এতিয়া এই স্কীমত উচ্চতৰ মাধ্যমিক পৰীক্ষাত ন্যূনতম প্ৰথম বিভাগ প্ৰাপ্ত ছাত্ৰীৰ বাবে ই-বাইক প্ৰদান কৰা হৈ
Introduction Of Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme
The Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme is a flagship initiative launched by the Government of Assam with the objective of empowering education in the state. The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from economically weaker sections of society to pursue higher education. The main goal of the scheme is to create a level playing field for students from disadvantaged backgrounds and ensure that no deserving student is denied an education due to a lack of funds. The scheme offers several benefits, including financial assistance for tuition fees, accommodation, and other related expenses, as well as access to mentoring and career guidance services. Overall, the Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme is a commendable effort toward promoting inclusive education and empowering the youth of the state.
The Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme has been introduced to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from economically weaker sections of society.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and become self-reliant.
- To bridge the gap between the economically weaker sections of society and quality education.
- To promote education among girls and students with disabilities.
To be eligible for the Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme, students must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The student must have passed the High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) examination or equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks.
- The annual family income of the student should not exceed INR 2 lakhs.
- The student must have taken admitted to a government-recognized institution for higher secondary education, diploma, undergraduate, or postgraduate courses.
Full Overview Of Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme|
|Announcement||Govt of Assam|
|Implementation||Updated on 2023|
|Objectives||To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from economically weaker sections to continue their higher education|
|Incentive||Up to Rs. 50,000 per year|
|Beneficiaries||Students from Assam who have passed Class 12 with at least 60% marks and whose family income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum|
|Application Starts||To be announced|
|Official Website||To be announced|
The Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme provides the following benefits to eligible students:
Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme is a revolutionary scheme launched by the Government of Assam to empower education in the state. Here are some Benefits:
- Admission Fee Waiver: Students whose parental annual income is less than Rs. 1 lakh will receive admission fee waivers up to Degree Level.
- Free Uniforms: All Class IX and X students will receive free uniforms, promoting uniformity and equality.
- Free Textbooks: Students till Class XII will receive free textbooks, helping them to focus on their studies without worrying about the financial burden of purchasing textbooks.
- E-Bikes for Girls: Girls who secure first division in the higher secondary examination will be given battery-operated E-Bikes to facilitate their commuting to their places of higher studies.
- Education Loan Subsidy: The Assam government will provide a subsidy of Rs. 50,000 on all education loans to enable students to pursue their education without financial barriers.
- Hostel Facilities: Students studying till the university level will receive a government subsidy of Rs. 700 on hostel accommodation.
- E-Learning: To promote e-learning, the Assam government is providing online study material for students studying from the school level to the university level.
The following documents are required to apply for the Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme:
- High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) or equivalent examination mark sheet.
- Income certificate issued by the Circle Officer or Deputy Commissioner.
- Admission receipt from a government-recognized institution.
- Bank passbook details.
How to apply for the Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme
At present, the government has not made available any online or offline application form for applying to this scheme. However, you can obtain detailed information regarding the scheme from your respective school or institution, and apply for it through the designated channels.
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||CLICK HERE|
|ASSAM GOVT ALL SCHEMES||CLICK HERE|
The Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme is a commendable initiative by the Government of Assam to empower the economically weaker sections of society with education. The scheme provides financial assistance to meritorious students who wish to pursue higher education. This will not only help the students achieve their dreams but also contribute to the development of the state. By bridging the gap between the economically weaker sections of society and quality education, the Assam Gyan Deepika Scheme is sure to empower the future generations of the state.