Kerala Patent Support Scheme
The Kerala Patent Support Scheme, initiated by the Government of Kerala, is a valuable opportunity for startups and student entrepreneurs who are looking for financial support for their patented ideas. The Kerala Startup Mission is responsible for executing this program, known as the KSUM Patent Support Scheme. The aim of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to entrepreneurs and students who have successfully obtained a patent. The program offers reimbursement of costs, up to a maximum of Rs. 2 lakh for Indian patents and up to Rs. 10 lakh for foreign patents.
കേരളത്തിലെ താമസക്കാർക്കായി പ്രത്യേകം രൂപകൽപ്പന ചെയ്ത ഈ പദ്ധതി സംരംഭകർക്കും അവരുടെ ആശയങ്ങൾ നടപ്പിലാക്കാനുള്ള മികച്ച അവസരമാണ്. അപേക്ഷാ പ്രക്രിയ ലളിതമാണ്, കെഎസ്യുഎം വെബ്സൈറ്റ് വഴി ഓൺലൈൻ അപേക്ഷകൾ നൽകാം. എല്ലാ മാസവും 20ന് മുമ്പ് ലഭിക്കുന്ന അപേക്ഷകള് ആ മാസത്തെ അപേക്ഷകളായി പരിഗണിക്കും. നിങ്ങളുടെ പേറ്റന്റ് ആശയങ്ങൾ യാഥാർത്ഥ്യമാക്കുന്നതിനും പേറ്റന്റ് സഹായ പദ്ധതി പ്രയോജനപ്പെടുത്തുന്നതിനുമുള്ള മികച്ച അവസരമായ ഈ അവസരം പാഴാക്കരുത്.
Introduction Of Kerala Patent Support Scheme
If you’re an entrepreneur or student in Kerala with a patented idea, you now have the opportunity to bring your vision to life with the help of the Patent Support Scheme. The Government of Kerala, through the Kerala Startup Mission, has launched this valuable initiative to provide financial support for those who have successfully obtained a patent. Whether you’re looking to reimburse costs for your Indian patent (up to Rs. 2 lakh) or a foreign patent (up to Rs. 10 lakh), this scheme has you covered.
The application process is straightforward, with the option to apply online through the KSUM website. Simply submit your application before the 20th of each month and expect to hear back within the same month. This is your chance to turn your patented ideas into reality and take advantage of the resources provided by the Patent Support Scheme. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Objectives of Kerala Patent Support Scheme
- To provide financial assistance for the cost of obtaining a patent.
- To encourage and support startups and student entrepreneurs.
- To make the patent application process easier and more accessible.
- To promote innovation and creativity in the state of Kerala.
- To provide a reimbursement of up to Rs. 2 lakh for Indian patents and up to Rs. 10 lakh for foreign patents.
Eligibility Criteria Of Kerala Patent Support Scheme
To be eligible for the KSUM Patent Support Scheme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your patent application must have been filed after November 9th, 2015.
- If you’re a startup, you must be registered as a private limited or limited liability partnership.
- You must be registered in Kerala within ten years of incorporation and have both a DIPP and Udyog Aadhar number.
- Student entrepreneurs can apply directly through their IEDC’s if they meet the requirements.
- The support is only available to students who are actively pursuing their academics.
- The scheme does not provide support for patent renewals or legal actions against authorities who have rejected your patent claims.
Benefits Of Kerala Paten Support Scheme
- Reimbursement of up to Rs. 2 lakhs for each Indian Patent granted.
- Reimbursement of up to Rs. 10 lakhs for each foreign patent in a single area of interest.
- The activities covered are Provisional Patent Filings, Patent Search, Drafting, Filings, Claims Preparation, Fast Tracking Fees, Claims Prosecutions, and Granting.
- Activities like Prosecution against appellate authorities who have already rejected claims and patent renewals are not covered.
- Only Patents are supported, not Trademarks, Copyrights or any other Intellectual Property Rights.
Documents required for Startups under Kerala Patent Support Scheme:
- Original invoice and receipt
- Original Bank Statement showing payment
- Summary of patented ideas or claims
- Copy of Provisional Patent certificate
- Patent certificate, if granted
- Changes, copies of the patent application and early publication or review
- Proof of Residence
- Documents for starting the business
- Assigning and assignor agreement copy, if any
- NOC from the original inventor for using their technology
- Reimbursement for the costs of patent filed before the company’s formation or registration.
How to Apply for Kerala Patent Support Scheme
- Visit the official website of KSUM Patent Support Scheme.
- then, Click on the ‘Apply Here’ option.
- Log in with KSUM, Startup India.(if you have already registered if not then there was another option to login)
- Fill in the form with all the required details.
- Submit the form.
If you have already enrolled in the Kerala Patent Scheme, you can easily access your application status by logging into the KSUM website. Simply follow the steps below to stay up-to-date on the progress of your application:
- Visit the KSUM website or “kerala patent support scheme direct link” and log in using your credentials.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “Patent Support Scheme” section.
- Here, you will find a dashboard displaying your current application status.
By logging into the KSUM website, you will have a clear and convenient way to track the progress of your application under the Kerala Patent Scheme. Whether you’re waiting for approval or need to make changes to your application, this feature makes it easy to stay informed and on top of your patent journey.