Kerala Poshaka Balyam Scheme: Free Eggs and Milk for Anganwadi Children
The Kerala government has launched the Poshaka Balyam Scheme, also known as the Eggs and Milk Scheme, for Anganwadi children to provide free eggs and milk for their all-around development. The scheme was inaugurated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on 2nd August 2022. In this blog post, This initiative of the Women and Child Development Department aims to increase and maintain the nutritional level of children aged 3-6 years who join Anganwadi centres across the state. In this article, we will discuss the objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, required documents, and the step-by-step application process for the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme.
Objectives of the Kerala Poshaka Balyam Scheme
The primary objective of the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme is to provide free and nutritious food to children to maintain their health and nutritional levels. The state government has allocated a budget of over 61.5 crores for this scheme in the financial year 2022-23. The scheme is expected to benefit over 4 lakh children from the 33,115 Anganwadis in the state. The scheme also aims to convert over 200 Anganwadis into smart Anganwadis, improving their infrastructure and facilities.
Full overview of the “Kerala Poshaka Balyam Scheme”
|Name of Scheme||Kerala Poshaka Balyam Scheme|
|Announcement||Govt of Kerala|
|Implementation||Updated on 2023|
|Objectives||To provide free eggs and milk for the all-around development of children aged 3-6 years who join Anganwadi centres across the state|
|Incentive||Free eggs and milk twice a week for a duration of 44 weeks, i.e., ten months|
|Beneficiaries||Children between 3-6 years enrolled in Anganwadi centres across the state|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala Poshaka Balyam Scheme
To be eligible for the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme, a child must fulfil the following criteria:
- The child must be between 3-6 years of age.
- The child must be enrolled in an Anganwadi centre in Kerala.
Benefits of the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme
The benefits of the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme are as follows:
- Each child will be provided with 125ml of milk twice a week and an egg twice a week for a duration of 44 weeks, i.e., ten months.
- The scheme aims to provide free eggs and milk every day in the future.
- The state government has allocated over 60 crores for the scheme, which will help improve the nutritional levels and health of children.
- The Kerala Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (MILMA) will assist the government in the distribution of milk.
- The scheme will provide free and nutritious food to children from Anganwadi centres across the state.
Required Documents for the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme
The documents required to apply for the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme are:
- Birth certificate of the child
- Aadhar card of the child
- Anganwadi registration certificate of the child
How to Apply for the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme
Follow these steps to apply for the Kerala Eggs and Milk Scheme:
Visit the nearest Anganwadi centre in your locality to get the benefits of this scheme
|KERALA GOVT ALL SCHEMES||CLICK HERE|