“Empowering Single Mothers: Kerala’s ‘Swasraya’ Scheme Provides Financial Assistance for Caregiving of Differently-Abled Individuals”
In a world where life can be difficult, especially for single mothers, it is important to have programs in place to provide support and assistance. The Social Justice Department in Kerala understands this, which is why they have implemented the Swasraya Scheme. This program provides financial assistance to single mothers who are caretakers of severely mentally retarded or disabled children. With the help of this scheme, these mothers can find self-employment and ease some of the financial burden they face in providing care for their loved ones. In this blog, we’ll dive deeper into the objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, and application process of the Swasraya Scheme, so that single mothers in need can take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
Introduction of Swasraya Scheme
The Swasraya scheme is a government initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to single mothers who are caretakers of severely mentally retarded or disabled children. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries will receive a one-time assistance of Rs 35,000, which will help them start their own business and become self-sufficient. This assistance is expected to help the beneficiaries overcome their financial difficulties and provide better care for their children. The Swasraya scheme is a step towards creating a more inclusive society that recognizes and supports the needs of its most vulnerable members.
Objective Of Swasraya Scheme
The objective of the Swasraya scheme is to provide financial assistance to single mothers who are taking care of severely disabled or mentally challenged individuals. This assistance will help these mothers to find self-employment and lead a more stable and secure life.
Full overview Of Swasraya Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Kerala Swasraya Scheme|
|Announcement||Govt of Kerala|
|Implementation||Updated on 2022|
|Objectives||To provide financial assistance to single mothers who are caretakers of severely mentally retarded or disabled children|
|Beneficiaries||Single mothers in Kerala who are caretakers of severely mentally retarded or disabled children|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
To be eligible for the Swasraya scheme, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must be from a BPL family.
- The applicant must be the mother of a child with 70% or more disability or mental retardation.
- Single/unwed mothers, wives abandoned by husbands, legally divorced women, and separated women are eligible to apply.
- Close relatives (women) who act as caretakers of severely disabled or mentally challenged patients can also apply.
Under the Swasraya scheme, the beneficiaries Mothers/women will receive an amount of Rs 35,000 as a one-time assistance. This financial assistance will help the beneficiaries to start their own business and become self-sufficient.
Required Documents Of Swasraya Scheme
- Application form
- Detailed project report about the self-employment
- BPL certificate
- Proof of age
- Medical certificate for the disabled or mentally challenged individual
- Self-attested copy of the BPL ration card or BPL certificate from the Panchayath/Municipality/Corporation
How to Apply For Kerala Swasraya Scheme
- Visit the official website of the Social Justice Department, Kerala.
- Click on the “Schemes” tab on the homepage.
- Select the “Swasraya Scheme for Parents/Mothers of PH/MR Persons” option.
- Click on the “Application Form” for the Swasraya Scheme for Parents (a Single Mother) of PH/MR Persons.
- Download and print out the application form.
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary details, including your name, address, mobile number, etc.
- Attach all the required documents to the application form.
- Submit the completed application form with all the necessary documents to the District Social Justice Officer.
- The District Social Justice Officer will verify all the details entered on the application form and check the attached documents.
- Once your application is approved, the benefit amount of Rs. 35,000 will be transferred directly to your bank account.
the Swasraya scheme is a much-needed financial assistance program for single mothers who are taking care of severely disabled or mentally challenged individuals. This scheme will provide the necessary support to these mothers, enabling them to start their own business and become self-sufficient.