A Guide to Choosing the Best Options for Meats at Subway
Are you a meat lover looking for a satisfying sandwich? Look no further than Subway! With a variety of fresh meats and toppings, Subway offers something for every taste bud.
Subway is one of the most popular fast-food chains around the world, known for its fresh and customizable sandwiches. The company boasts of offering healthier fast food alternatives, with its menu featuring an array of meats and vegetables. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the different meat options available at Subway, as well as their nutritional values.
Variety Of Meats Available On Subway
Subway is known for offering a variety of meats, including turkey, chicken, roast beef, ham, bacon, and tuna. These meats are available in a range of sandwich options, from classic subs to flatbreads, wraps, and salads. Here’s a breakdown of each of Subway’s meat offerings:
- Turkey: Subway’s turkey is low in fat and high in protein, making it a popular choice among health-conscious customers. It’s also a great source of vitamins B and D, iron, and zinc. For a healthier option, customers can opt for a turkey breast sandwich with whole wheat bread and vegetables.
- Chicken: Subway’s chicken options include roasted chicken, chicken strips, and chicken teriyaki. Chicken is a lean source of protein, with white meat being the healthier option. Subway’s chicken is low in fat and high in protein, making it a popular choice for health-conscious customers.
- Roast Beef: Subway’s roast beef is a good source of protein, iron, and zinc. However, it’s also higher in fat and sodium than some of Subway’s other meat options. Customers can opt for a smaller portion size or choose a leaner meat option, such as turkey or chicken, for a healthier sandwich.
- Ham: Subway’s ham is a good source of protein, vitamin B, and zinc. However, it’s also higher in sodium than some of Subway’s other meat options. Customers can opt for a smaller portion size or choose a lower-sodium meat option, such as turkey or chicken, for a healthier sandwich.
- Bacon: Subway’s bacon is a popular option for adding flavor to sandwiches. However, it’s high in fat, sodium, and calories, making it a less healthy choice. Customers can choose to add bacon sparingly or opt for a leaner meat option, such as turkey or chicken, for a healthier sandwich.
- Tuna: Subway’s tuna is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also low in fat and calories, making it a popular choice for health-conscious customers. However, it’s higher in sodium than some of Subway’s other meat options. Customers can opt for a smaller portion size or choose a lower-sodium tuna salad for a healthier sandwich.
- Salami: Salami is a flavorful meat that is popular in Italian cuisine. At Subway, the salami is thinly sliced and has a spicy and tangy flavor. If you’re looking for a sandwich that packs a punch, salami is a great option.
- Pepperoni: Pepperoni is a popular meat that is commonly found on pizza. At Subway, the pepperoni is sliced thinly and has a spicy and smoky flavor. If you’re a fan of pepperoni pizza, you’ll love a pepperoni sandwich from Subway.
- Italian B.M.T.: This classic Subway sandwich includes a delicious combination of pepperoni, salami, and ham. It’s a great option for those looking for a bit of spice and bold flavor.
- Oven-Roasted Chicken: Juicy and tender, this chicken is slow-roasted to perfection and is a great option for those looking for a healthier meat option.
- Steak and Cheese: Sliced steak, melted cheese, and crunchy veggies make this sandwich a fan favorite. It’s perfect for those looking for a hearty and filling option.
- Meatball Marinara: Meatballs smothered in marinara sauce and melted cheese make this sandwich a warm and comforting option. It’s perfect for those looking for a bit of indulgence.
Subway Healthy Meats
When it comes to the nutritional value of Subway’s meats, it’s important to keep in mind that the nutritional content can vary depending on the portion size and the bread and toppings used. For example, Subway’s six-inch turkey breast sandwich with whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and cucumbers has about 280 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 18 grams of protein. However, if you add cheese and mayo to the sandwich, the calorie count and fat content can significantly increase.
Overall, Subway’s meat options provide customers with a variety of choices to customize their sandwiches. For a healthier option, customers can opt for leaner meats, such as turkey or chicken, and load up on vegetables for added nutrition. Additionally, customers can choose to have their sandwiches made with whole wheat bread or wrapped for added fiber.
In conclusion, Subway offers a range of meat options that cater to different dietary preferences and nutritional needs. It’s important to keep in mind the nutritional content of the meats and toppings when choosing a sandwich to ensure a healthier and more balanced
some frequently asked questions about Subway’s meat options:
- What are the different types of meat available at Subway?
- Subway offers a variety of meats for their sandwiches, including turkey, ham, roast beef, chicken, bacon, and pepperoni. They also have non-meat options such as veggie patties and tofu.
- Are Subway’s meats halal or kosher?
- Subway offers halal meat in certain locations, but not all. They do not offer kosher meat.
- Are Subway’s meats gluten-free?
- Most of Subway’s meats are gluten-free, but some may have added ingredients that contain gluten. It’s important to ask the staff for clarification and read the ingredient list.
- Are Subway’s meats organic or hormone-free?
- Subway does not advertise their meats as organic or hormone-free, but they do claim to use only high-quality ingredients and follow strict safety and quality standards.
- How many calories are in Subway’s meat options?
- The number of calories in Subway’s meat options varies depending on the type and size of the sandwich. Generally, the leaner options like turkey and chicken have fewer calories than the higher fat options like bacon and pepperoni. Customers can also choose to have their sandwich made as a salad or on a flatbread for a lower-calorie option.
- Can customers request extra meat on their sandwiches?
- Yes, customers can request extra meat on their sandwich for an additional charge. However, it’s important to keep in mind the added calories and potential health implications of consuming too much meat.
- Are Subway’s meats sustainable?
- Subway has made commitments to source only cage-free eggs and gestation crate-free pork, but they do not have a comprehensive policy on sustainable meat sourcing. However, they do claim to prioritize animal welfare and environmental sustainability in their business practices.