Providing Comprehensive and Sustainable Eye Care to the People of Andhra Pradesh
India is a country that faces a high burden of preventable blindness, especially in low-income communities. The government of Andhra Pradesh has recognized the importance of addressing this issue and has launched the YSR Kanti Velugu Programme. This comprehensive and sustainable universal eye care program aims to provide free eye screening, appropriate interventions, and surgeries to all people in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Through this initiative, the government aims to improve accessibility, affordability, and quality of eye care services. Let’s dive deeper into the objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, and how to apply for this scheme.
Introduction Of YSR Kanti Velugu Programme
The YSR Kanti Velugu Programme was launched by the Government of Andhra Pradesh with the objective of providing comprehensive and sustainable eye care to all the people in the state. This programme aims to conduct eye screening for the entire population and provide appropriate interventions such as distribution of spectacles, surgeries for cataracts, glaucoma, retinopathy, corneal disorders, etc. in a phased manner. The programme is designed to be free of cost, accessible, and of high quality, ensuring that everyone in the state can benefit from it.
The primary objectives of the YSR Kanti Velugu Programme are as follows:
- Comprehensive and sustainable universal eye care to all the people in the state (5 crore) by conducting eye screening and providing appropriate interventions in a phased manner.
- Free of cost, accessible, and high-quality eye care services.
Full Overview Of YSR Kanti Velugu Programme
|Scheme Name||AP YSR Kanti Velugu Programme|
|Announcement||Govt of Andhra Pradesh|
|State Name||Andhra Pradesh|
|Objectives||To provide comprehensive and sustainable universal eye care to all the people in the state through free eye screenings and appropriate interventions|
|Incentive||Free eye screenings and interventions|
|Beneficiaries||All residents of Andhra Pradesh|
|Benefits||Free eye screenings and appropriate interventions for eye care|
|Application Process||Screening camps are set up in various locations throughout the state, and residents can walk in to get their eyes checked for free.|
The YSR Kanti Velugu Programme has been designed to achieve its objectives through the following strategies:
- Conducting universal eye screening for the entire population to provide primary, secondary, and tertiary eye care services free of cost.
- Strengthening the existing health facilities under the government sector to ensure that they are equipped to provide quality eye care services.
- Increasing the availability of skilled manpower to provide eye care services across the state.
- Inclusion of private health facilities and personnel for training, screening, and surgeries
- Usage of Information and Communication Technology in every process of the programme
LIST OF MAJOR PROGRAMMES SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED
- 1. National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme
- 2.Revised National TB Control Programme
- 3. National Leprosy Eradication Programme
- 4. National Program for Control of Blindness
- 5. Integrated Disease Surveillance Project
- 6. Epidemic Control (G.E., Diarrhoea, Cholera and Jaundice)
- 7. National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Program
- 8. National Program for prevention and control of diabetic, cancer, cardiovascular disease and Stroke (NPCDCS)
- 9. National Program for Health care of the Elderly (NPHCE)
- 10. National Programme for prevention and Control of Fluorosis (NPPCF).
- 11. National Tobacco Control Programme (NTCP)
The YSR Kanti Velugu Programme is open to all residents of Andhra Pradesh who are in need of eye care services. There are no specific eligibility criteria to avail of the benefits of the program. The program is designed to provide eye care services to all, regardless of their economic, social, or geographic background.
Benefits Of YSR Kanti Velugu Programme
The YSR Kanti Velugu Programme provides a wide range of benefits to the people of Andhra Pradesh. Some of the key benefits of the program are as follows:
- Free of cost eye screening for the entire population.
- Distribution of free spectacles to those in need.
- Free surgeries for cataracts, glaucoma, retinopathy, corneal disorders, etc.
- Strengthening of the existing health facilities to provide high-quality eye care services.
- Availability of skilled manpower to provide eye care services across the state.
There are no specific documents required to avail the benefits of the YSR Kanti Velugu Programme. The programme is open to all residents of Andhra Pradesh who are in need of eye care services.
How to apply For YSR Kanti Velugu Programme
The YSR Kanti Velugu Programme is being implemented across the state through various health facilities, including primary health centers, community health centers, and district hospitals. Individuals who need eye care services can visit any of these health facilities to avail the benefits of the programme. They can also contact the nearest Anganwadi or ASHA worker for more information about the programme and its services.
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||CLICK HERE|
|ANDHRA PRADESH GOVT ALL SCHEMES||CLICK HERE|
The YSR Kanti Velugu Programme is a commendable initiative by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to provide comprehensive and sustainable eye care to all the people in the state. By providing free eye screening, spectacles, and surgeries, the programme aims to ensure that everyone in the state has access to high-quality eye care services. With its focus on strengthening the existing health facilities and increasing the availability of skilled manpower, the programme has the potential to transform the eye care landscape of the state and improve the quality of life of its residents.